- 1 cup of almonds, ground into almond meal
- 1 cup of oats, rolled
- ¼ cup of raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp of gluten free baking powder (make your own with brown rice flour, cream of tartar and bicarbonate of soda)
- 1 pinch of good quality salt (e.g. pink Himalayan)
- ½ tsp of cinnamon, ground (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla bean, ground (unsweetened)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup of Medjool dates, soaked in filtered water to make date paste
- 1/2 cup of tahini or any other nut butter
- 1 cup of almond milk
- Preheat your oven at 150 degrees and prepare your baking dish with baking paper.
- Drain your dates, catching the water, cut them into little pieces and process in your food processor with ¼ cup of the soaked date water. Add your mashed banana to the date paste, combining well and set to side.
- In a clean bowl process your almonds to almond flour, add your oats, gluten-free baking powder, cacao, salt and spices and mix.
- Add your wet ingredients to the dry ones, that is your banana date mixture, tahini and almond milk and mix again until well combined.
- Pour your chocolate batter into your prepared baking try and bake for about 30-35 minutes (depending on your oven – it takes 30 minutes in mine). Your cake is ready when wooden skewer inserted comes out clean and irresistible smell of your cake is making you want to eat it. Wait until the cake has cooled before cutting it into fancy shapes. Top with fresh berries and enjoy!!!