For the strawberry filling:
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries, thawed
- ½ cup of raw walnuts, unsalted
- ½ cup of rolled oats
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla bean ground, unsweetened
- Pinch of good quality sea salt
- 1/4 cup of Medjool dates, soaked, chopped and pitted
For the chocolate coating:
- ½ cup of virgin coconut oil
- ½ cup of raw cacao powder, unsweetened
- ¼ cup of rice malt syrup
- Line your baking tray with baking paper.
- Place your nuts, oats and Medjool dates into your food processor and pulse until they start to form a sticky dough. Add the rest of the ingredients of your filling and blend until mixture is well combined.
- Roll your dough into 12 – 15 little balls and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat your coconut oil, cacao powder and rice malt syrup in a small pot over low medium heat, stirring, until chocolate mixture is well combined and fully dissolved.
- Take your balls of filling out of the freezer and dip into your chocolate sauce until fully covered and place it back onto your tray. Repeat with all your balls. Return your tray into the freezer and freeze until chocolate hardens.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month.