To prepare the cauliflower:
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 TBSP of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp of ground turmeric
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of almonds
To prepare the salad:
- 1-2 large bunches of kale
- ¼ head of purple cabbage, thinly shredded
- 3-4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of parsley
- Seeds of ½ – 1 pomegranate
- 3 TBSP of lemon juice
- 4 TBSP of cold-pressed olive oil
- 3 TBSP of apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic, crushed
- 1 TBSP of grated ginger
- Good quality salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees, fan-forced.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper and spread the cauliflower onto it.
- In a little bowl, mix together your olive oil and spices and pour over the cauliflower florets.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 10 minutes, then add the almonds and cook for another 15 -20 minutes or until the broccoli is golden brown, cooked but still crisp
- In the meantime, wash your kale, trim of the branches and rip or cut into bite sized pieces.
- In a little bowl, mix together the dressing.
- Use half of the dressing to massage the into the kale.
- Assemble your salad by adding the roasted cauliflower florets and almonds to your massaged kale, red cabbage spring onions and parley.
- Drizzle with the remaining sauce and sprinkle generously with pomegranate seeds.