Makes: 2 portions
To prepare the roasted chickpeas:
- 1 tin of organic chickpeas, thoroughly rinsed and drained
- 1 TBSP of olive oil
- 2-3 TBSP of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of cumin, ground
- ½ tsp of turmeric, ground
- ¼ tsp of chilli powder
- Black pepper and herbal salt to taste
To prepare the cauliflower couscous:
- 1 head of cauliflower, trimmed and cut into chunks
- 1 TBSP of extra virgin olive oil
To prepare the kale salad:
- 4 cups of kale, ripped or chopped into large piece
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup of parsley
- ½ cup of fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup of almonds, chopped
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
To prepare the Dressing:
- 4 TBSP of cold-pressed olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of ½ orange
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 TBSP of grated ginger
- Good quality salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees, fan-forced.
- In a small bowl combine all your ingredients for coating your chickpeas.
- Coat your chickpeas in your prepared mixture and spread on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Pour any leftover coating mixture generously over your chickpeas. Roast for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- While your chickpeas are roasting, in another small bowl whisk together all your ingredients for your dressing and start massaging your kale leaves with ¼ of your dressing until your kale leaves start to soften. Put kale leaves into your salad bowl and set aside.
- In your food processor, blend your cauliflower until it resembles finely chopped couscous-size grains.
- Prepare your avocado, herbs, spring onions, pomegranate seeds and slightly toast your chopped almonds in a small frying pan without any oil (3-4 minutes), stirring frequently to prevent your nuts from burning.
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat your olive oil and fry your couscous cauliflower over medium heat until tender (3-4 minutes). Be careful not to burn your cauliflower, stirring frequently.
- Add your cauliflower couscous, avocado, herbs, spring onions, and spicy roasted chickpeas to your massaged kale. Sprinkle with your toasted nuts and pomegranate seeds and drizzle with the remaining dressing.